Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WILDFIRE DIFFERENCES

TWINTURBOTOM

I'm using wildfire with all the bells and whistles....i am about to buy wildfire 3.0. My question is this....is there a difference between the student edition and the personal edition? besideds the price I can't find a difference.....also whats the differences on datecodes?

I can't difinitive answers on this stuff....HOOK ME UP!!

thanks!

The student edition uses a special file format that cannot share files with the personal edition or the commercial edition. Neither version can be used for commercial work, only training.

Newer datecodes/builds of a version have fixes in them of things that were brken in the lower/older builds.

it's not for commercial use, but I would like to work on stuff at home and during lunch break on mywork machine.......I don't want to export iges back and forth!

> uses a special file format that cannot share files with the personal edition or the commercial edition.

Maybe I'm misinterpetting (and I don't know one from the other); SE and PE use different file structures? I thought SE and PE were identical but SE could only be licensed to students and schools at a price slightly less than PE. (?)

looslib said:
Newer datecodes/builds of a version have fixes in them of things that were brken in the lower/older builds.

Newer datecodes often break things which worked fine in previous releases.

Phil

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back