Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WIldfire 4 and window 7

schamp816

We are installing new machines and was wondering if Wildfire 4 and Window 7 64 bit are compatible. I went to download the new software from the PTC website and notice that there was no window 7. Also the only 64 bit download was for vista.

thanks

Steve

I use WF4 and Win7 64 all the time, no issues. However, I
seem to remember that for one of the older versions you had
to install the 32 bit version on Win7 64. I think that was
WF2, though.

I installed WF4 onaWindows 7 machine, 64-bit, no prior install, no problem, still using it overa year later. I would pay attention to video cards though, PTC has a matrix of supported machines and video cards, somewhere under "Platform Support".

I would pay attention to movie cards though, PTC has a
matrix of reinforced machines and movie cards, somewhere
under "Platform Support".

---------
Oil Painting

what about WF5 M060 on windows 7? i'm experiencing slow response when i click on the mouse. it's seams to be generating... so frustrating! what's could be the problem?
smiley19.gif

ssa1 said:
what about WF5 M060 on windows 7? i'm experiencing slow response when i click on the mouse. it's seams to be generating... so frustrating! what's could be the problem?
smiley19.gif

I have a similar issue. I am running windows 7 with wildfire 4.0 M220.

I have found no solution other than running windows classic.

Yes, get rid of all the Win7 Aero BS, it kills performance. There is a button buried deep within the bowels of Win7 that says "optimize for best performance". Click it and your problems will vanish. It should be easy to find but it's not.

sorry for taking so long to reply. mine been solved.

i log the problem to ptc some time ago and they suggest to change the following option:

graphics > win32_gdi

hope this helps.
smiley1.gif

It's a config.pro setting. It usually is only used as a last resort if you have a pitiful graphics card. it essentially bypasses the graphics card and makes the CPU do all the work.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back