Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Why are cross hairs not printing

jdsmustang

I am in the drawing module, and noticed when I publish/ print a PDF the cross hairs are not showing up. Is there a setting that needs to be turned ON or OFF? Your answer is appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
jdsmustang

Edited by: jdsmustang

Could you post a screen shot of your drawing? Did you use show/erase to show the crosshairs that you want shown?When in drawing, turn off the axis button to see what has crosshairs and what doesn't.

Thank you for your response. When I added the axis I used the "Show/ Erase" command. The axis does appear on my screen but when creating a hard copy/ print it does not show up. I do not have an option to attach a file. I can be reached at "[email protected]"

Regards.

Do you see it when you print to the screen? If so, it may be your pen table file is using a color like white that does not show up on paper.

Use show/erase select the CL icon and show all. Select, select to save and dig on the CL's you want to keep. Exit show/erase.

Select the printer icon on the top bar, select configure to the print size you are using, lets just say "B" size, then select OK at the bottom. This will bring up the print function and in the drop down select the printer that will print the size you want, in this case "B" and then select OK at the bottom.

This gives a much darker print that PDF does, some times the PDF's are so light the CL's don't appear!
Edited by: nbaptist

The issue I have is not how to display the axis. The problem is, when I print a hard copy the axis's does not show up on the hard copy.

Regards.

Like the doc says, it is probablly your pen table settings. Axis on the screen is a brown color and when converted is usually very faint. try changing your .pnt file to something like this and try again. Make sure that your config.pro also is pointing to your .pnt file (pen_table_file).

pen 1 thickness 0.005 cm; dimmed_color,letter_color,attention_color,half_tone_color

pen 2 thickness 0.02 cm; drawing_color

pen 3 thickness 0.025 cm; edge_highlite_color, highlite_color

pen 4 thickness 0.02 cm;

pen 5 thickness 0.02 cm;

pen 6 thickness 0.02 cm;

pen 7 thickness 0.02 cm;

pen 8 thickness 0.02 cm;

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back