Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

where to find 3d model of ports/connector

kirikara

I have to model tons of computer/ electrical equipment and I was wondering if you know of any place that would have 3d models (stp files) of ethernet ports, sfp ports, coaxial ports etc..etc.. Any connectors that could be on computing equipment. I have looked on the pro e library but it really is about parts, can t find much for connectors/jacks.
Any advice will be more than welcomed!

As mentioned above, Molex and Amp have a reasonable selection of Pro/E models available for download. However if you are a corporate customer of AMP/Tyco you can use their modelling service to request Pro/E models of virtually anything they make. If they haven't got it available, they will model it for you though it make take a week or two before it is available

With RJ45 style connectors (and definitely with the harmonica style) the parts from different manufacturers are incompatible with each other so the only likely source is from the manufacturer or someone else in the industry.

With G-BIC connectors there is more compatability between connectors and similarly so for the SC andMT/RJ style of fibre connectors.

With SFP and XFP there is a lot of interchangeability due to the MOU.

View attachment 3007

It depends on how accurate you want the models to be and what their ultimate use is.

best of luck

DB

Edited by: Dell_Boy

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back