Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Where to buy Pro/e?

DrWily55

I have heard recently that the price of a commercial license of Pro/e has dropped significantly since I last checked -- which was a long time ago. To my surprise, when checking the PTC website for re-sellers so I could check prices, I found nothing. Maybe I did something wrong, I don't know.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Anyway, can anyone give me some information on available re-sellers and/or what kind for pricing and deals are available? I have been told some are giving a package deal for Pro/e advantage package and will throw in mechanical if you buy before a certain date. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

DrWily

http://www.tristar.com/engineering_solutions/email_blast/str uctural_thermal.aspx

<h1 align="center">Pro/ENGINEER Limited Time Offer
</h1>

<h6>Until June 30, 2005 - Limited Time Offer for Pro/ENGINEER and Structural & Thermal Simulation
</h6>

Until June 30, 2005, PTC is offering a special bundled package for Design Engineers
Pro/ENGINEER plus Structural and Thermal Simulation for a total price of $4,995**.
This package combines the foundation design toolset (Foundation Advantage Package),
with the high-end analysis and simulation tools (Structural and Thermal Simulation)
of Pro/ENGINEER.

Pro/ENGINEER and Structural & Thermal Bundle - *Limited Time Total Price of $4,995

<ul>
[*]Pro/ENGINEER Foundation Advantage Package (FAP) [normally $4,995]
[*]Pro/ENGINEER Structural & Thermal Simulation [normally $4,995]
[*]Design Engineer Topic Sheet

[/list]

This is a total cost saving of $4,995 off the normal list price.

Note: If you already have Pro/ENGINEER, you can add Structural and Thermal Simulation for just $2,500, a 50% savings.

dear sir,

Until June 30, 2005, PTC is offering a special bundled package for Design Engineers Pro/ENGINEER plus Structural and Thermal Simulation for a total price of $4,995**. This package combines the foundation design toolset (Foundation Advantage Package), with the high-end analysis and simulation tools (Structural and Thermal Simulation) of Pro/ENGINEER. the available list of resellers is there on the ptc website.

Not much help in the US I'm afraid, but my reseller in the UK is a company called Concurrent Engineering. They're based in Birmingham but cover the whole of the UK. Their service is second to none, they're much easier to deal with than PTC, their tech support guys are superb and best of all, the sales guys aren't pushy. Oh, and they sell pre-configured hardware which is REALLY fast and very reasonably priced

Give Lee Edmunds a call on 0121 500 0130 or 07951 713 057 and tell him Ivan sent you.

Also if PTC are buying out an existing 2D CAD package they offer an
additional discount and purchasing more than one seat will give a
further discount. All up it makes Pro/E significantly cheaper than SW
and SE

For the next quarter they are specialling the NC machining package instead of Mechanica.

However these offers are not quite free because you still have to pay
the relevant maintenance for them in advance however this is still far
better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick

DB

Could someone tell me where I canbuy some tutorial books for Pro-E...I am a new user, so trying to find some books which has some detailed examples. Kindly suggest some books and place where I can find them.

Thanks,

Teja.

The more important question is when: At the end of a PTC financial quarter. The end of these months:

December, March, June, September.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back