Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF5 new view auto shows axes

toddmidkiff

Why is it that every time I create a new drawing view in WF5 that all axes are automatically shown? (All axes are on a layer and that layer is hidden)
Is there a new config option that I am missing?

The only way to remove these axes is to use Show Datum and select all axes - this then places all shown axes in the Drawing Tree. I can then erase axes in the Drawing Tree.

This is extremely cumbersome to do for every view.

Also, if a new feature is added to model that has an axes, all drawing views will then update and show this new axes, but this axes will not be listed in the Drawing Tree. I then have to again select Show Datum - pick new axes from each view to place them into the Drawing Tree - then hide axes in Drawing Tree.

Well, I toggled the display axes icon and it worked. Thanks.

I guess that leaves me with a new question. Why did PTC change the function of the display axes icon in WF5? In previous versions of WF, when the display axes was toggled on/off, it had no effect on the printout of the drawing.
Now it seems that in WF5 when I toggle the display axes icon, my drawing printout (pdfs) will either show or hide the axes accordingly.

Can't say for your case but for ours it has always affected prints no matter what type.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back