Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF4

Yodes42

Hello Guru's,

My company's currently usingWF3for programming our cnc's, and i was wondering for those who are working on wf4, what are someof the enhancements made on the nc side? Is there any that really help a guy out? Would there be any benefit to change to wf4 for nc?

Thanks,

Yodes42

Hello,

We also use WF3 to produce our nc code for our machines in my company. We use the Prismatic Milling option. I was also interested in any new features which may make the upgrade worthwhile. I managed to get access for a couple of hours to a machine running WF4 and so decided to do a quick job on it and see what benefits I could stumble upon.

I have to say that as far as new machining strategies go I could not see anything particulary new about it. I felt it was more of a cosmetic upgrade. There was a quick "work" creation button which is very simular to the one in Mold Design which was nice and everything has been far more intergrated into the Process manager. Also the Parameter options appeared in a very nice new Window with lots of filter options and looking a lot neater than the current list of text.

I am sure someone could point our far more than I have listed but I came away with the feeling that I would quite like the upgrade but would have trouble convincing my boss that it would be worth the cost.
smiley36.gif

Darren

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back