Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF3.0 References Not Updating

NASAg03

We recently transitioned to WTF3.0 here at NASA-JSC, and I'm starting to find a number of bugs that you'd think would have been fixed by now.

My current problem is with internal part references. I first noticed the problem while referencing curve segments and end points to make datum planes. When I would change various curves, the associated datum planes would not update to the corrent position after regenerating.

When I go into the sketch and edit references, the references are there, but in the old, unregenerated locations.

I'm getting the same problem with a very simple extrusion. I havea block with some thru holes, and I'm trying to add some counterbores. I reference the thru hole positions, and when I adjust the hole location, the counterbores fail to move with it.

The crazy thing is this problem seems to be intermittent, because some references update upon regenerating the model and some dont.

Edited by: NASAg03

on your block with through holes, pick up the inner surfaces in each through hole as the reference for the counterbores. when sketching the counterbores, snap them to the centre of their respective through holes.

when you change the hole locations, the counterbores should move accordingly.

if the problem persists, try configuring your snap options, hope it helps

That's exactly what I did when I first modeled it, SWDADA.

I've been using ProE for several years now with probably 3000+ hours of experience, and never noticed this problem on WF2.0. I've only been on WF3.0 for the past few months, and thats when this problem started.

It's amost as if my references aren't updating when my model is regenerated. I was able to fix it once, and I still don't know what I did different. I've tried going into insert mode and everything. Time for a call to PTC.

Pr
smiley7.gif
E
Edited by: NASAg03

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back