Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF2 M280 bug

dr_gallup

Here is something I have never seen before. The first screen print is in sketcher. The sketch is fully regenerated and I then regenerate the feature. The second screen print from picking the feature and selecting edit.

The radius reference dim has changed from 2.945 to 17.945!!!

I see all the reference dimensions changed between the section & the part. I changed the diameter 11.95 to 12.00, regenerated, changed it back to 11.95, regenerated, & now all the dimensions match the sketch. No explanation.

I'd say file a bug, if you can reproduce it, but they're going to fix anything they find in WF4 likely, maybe WF3.

WF2 is no longer supported so I know they are not going to fix it. It repeated, I redefined the section, deleted the dimension, made a new one & it changed between the section and the part.. I can show the dimensions on the drawing & the wrong values shows & I can create a dimension with the correct (sketch) value. Then I change the controlling diameter, regen, change it back, regen & all is copacetic.

Just thought I'd see if anyone had ever seen this behavior before. It's a first for me. Hope to switch to WF4 this summer so I can experience a whole new world of bugs.
smiley36.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back