Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF 5.0 Video Card Issues

TMPENG

I am running WF 5.0 on my laptop with an Nvidia Quadro 140 NVS video graphics card. I have downloaded the latest driver. The card works great when modeling in 3D even with large assemblies. The problem is placing views and drawing annotations in 2D. The performance is horrible. I did not have this problem with WF 4.0. I understand this is not a supported card. I have switched back and forth from open gl, win32, and all of the other options. Disabling my graphics card does rectify the problem, but then my 3d performance suffers greatly. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sometimes using the latest drivers is not the best idea, specially with Nvidia cards. Try reverting to the driver that came with your computer (from the manufacturer, not the one from Windows). It fixes this kind of issues sometimes.

I was actually able to get it to work by using a driver sweep, and then re-installing the latest driver.

Thanks.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back