Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Viewing Drawings for the masses

boydt

What is a good method/system to view drawings in intralink for the NON engineer type people in our organization? If the engineers complete a drawing and check it back into I-link what is a good way for everyone in our organization to view that drawing and to ensure they are viewing the latest revision?<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Volunteer said:
Dave,

Your link didn't work, but I would be very interested in a way to create a PDf as you stated.

Strange about the link? Try this.. Google for "proe software factory trigger". It should take you to a page on www.sf.com. Choose your language and then under the PLM/PDM menu, select PI-PLOT
Hope this works

Dave,

Thanks for your reply,I followed your directions to the SF page. They mention Intralink, do you know if this will work with PDMLink?
Edited by: Volunteer

Volunteer said:
Dave,

Thanks for your reply,I followed your directions to the SF page. They mention Intralink, do you know if this will work with PDMLink?
I've no idea. I'm afraid you'll have to contact them directly. Have a chat with Oliver Heinrich at [email protected]

Just FYI: PRO/Intralink 3.4 and Windchill platfrom Products like PDMLink and INtralink are 2 different animals.

So triggers/toolkit appsthat are working forIntralink 3.X systemsarenot going to work with PDMLink - at all.(or any other Windchil platform product)

while: PDMlink can have a Publsihing station that readsfiles in PDMlink and makes visual representation. Then associates with the soucrce cad files.

drawings can be done as PDFs or Prodcutview. So as long as User has access to PDMLink and productview at least light client - he should be able to view drawings.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back