Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

viewer problem

franx

Hi, i'm new and i'm moving my first steps in the ProE world.

I come from autocad and SW.

I've finished the modelling of an engine head and i'm having problems in viewing it with the viewer that i downloaded from the ptc site.

The viewer simply remains stuck and dont visualize anything.

Or the message "acquiring data" appears and then nothing.

Is there something that i can do? Some particular settings to use saving the model? My extension is .prt or .prt.1 (i've tryied both). Maybe i've to run the model check first?

Thanks.

i simply downloaded e-drawings (free version).

The .prt file that the viewerdidn't open, was opened succesfully.

The only thing that i'm worried about is that the prt file itself has some errors or is not formatted correctly (that would explain why the dedicated proe viewer is not able to work on it)

I may be wrong but I think a publisher must be purchased to save Pro/Engineer files in a format that e-drawings will read. The free PTC viewer is called ProductViewExpress. Have you tried it?

If Pro/Engineer opens the file, I wouldn't worry that there are errors in it.

JamesM said:
I may be wrong but I think a publisher must be purchased to save Pro/Engineer files in a format that e-drawings will read. The free PTC viewer is called ProductViewExpress. Have you tried it?

If Pro/Engineer opens the file, I wouldn't worry that there are errors in it.

Thanks for the answer. I used the free PTC viewer on the PTC website with no success.

Then i D/Led a free version of e-drawings, the file was opened successfully.

The file is an engine head model that is not that much of a problem (just about 40 features).

And...How can i "mirror"my model to replicate it in the same file without picking each feature (pain in the...)
Edited by: franx

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back