Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

view mapkey

msiva1981

Hi all,
I am trying to create standard views (top,front,back,bottom,left,right) for some parts (they do not have them at all). These are a series of components (models different - model trees different). The mapkey iam creating depends on just the first three datums (which are same in all models feat ID and feat # same) But the mapkey does not seem to work. It works only for parts having similar model tree. Can anyone here help me create standard views for a bunch of parts having different model structure but with common datum planes (side,top,front)

Siva

Hey Siva,

Check the models that the mapkey fails on to see if there is aready an existing view.

I use this in WF2 and it only fails if there is already a view or twoexisting. Mosttimes I need itthere are no views so have not bothered the modify it to delete any existing views, hopfully it will work for you also.

It looks for datums by name FRONT & TOP so your models have to havethese two datum namesor you can edit the names it looks for to match the default datum names in your models.

The first two lines assign the mapkey to F1 funtion key on your keboard. If you already have F1 assign for something else or only need to occastionlly run the mapkey, just delete the two lines andactivate it by name.

2009-04-02_213249_6_view_mapkey.zip

later Jim

Jim,
It worked like a charm. I was using orient by reference and selecting planes. Probably a bad move. Not sure why. But yours worked very well and when there was an exisitng view it just asked for replacement confirmation. I use WF 3
Thanks
Siva

Here are the mapkeys I have been using for years. They are a carry over from my old CADKEY days. To use these, just hit "`1" for top view, or "`2" for front view etc... The first key in the mapkey is the button next to the "1" on your keyboard. It shares the same key with a tilde.

`1 Top view
`2 Front view
`3 Back view
`4 Bottom view
`5 Right view
`6 Left view
`7 Default view

Just place this in your config.pro and re-start Pro/E.

Mapkeys:

mapkey `1 @MAPKEY_NAMEtop view;@MAPKEY_LABELtop view;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `ProCmdViewNamePick.user1`1 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `nameviewlist` `nv_list`1 `TOP`;
mapkey `2 @MAPKEY_NAMEfront view;@MAPKEY_LABELfront view;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `nameviewlist` `nv_list`1 `FRONT`;
mapkey `3 @MAPKEY_NAMEback view;@MAPKEY_LABELback view;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `nameviewlist` `nv_list`1 `BACK`;
mapkey `4 @MAPKEY_NAMEbottom view;@MAPKEY_LABELbottom view;\