Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Valve body analysis

grootbaas

Hi everybody, my first post here....

I am to analize a check valve body to handle 25 bar working pressure. To account for pressure surges I will take the analysis pressure as 1.5 times the working pressure, 37.5 bar... I have attached a picture of the valve body.

Material: SG cast iron
Load: 37.5 bar pressure load... My problem here is where to apply the load, I have applied the pressure to the body but only on the inside part behind the fins, not on the fins itself because I thaught this will be the load when the disc of the valve is shut? Any suggestions?
Constraints: I have constrained all the holes with pin constraints, free in rotation, fixed in translation... Is this the correct constraint?

Now I ran a single pass addaptive analysis which gave an output but also a warning so I checked the multi-pass and it didn't work so I made the mesh sizing smaller on the fins and it worked... I however get the maximum VM_stress to be 287 MPa as where the professional engineer find it as 312 MPa, I do not want to ask him how he did it as I want to see if I can be right.

What can the difference be? Is my load not correct?

Thanks guys...

Attachments

• DN300_Body.jpg
    DN300_Body.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 12

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back