Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Using Shrinkwrap to solidify and assy

Moroso

Hello All,

Is it possible to use Shrinkwrap to just give the outer surfaces of an assembly and solidify the inside of the assembly so I could then output it to an STL file for growing.

If it is then how do you do it.

TIA

Well, I think You want to make DMU(Digital Mock Up), than You make
shrikwrap by File Save and choose the Merged Solid option. Than Pro\e
makes for You a part which one yuo can save to format you want to

Thank you muadib3d for the response but what I'm basically looking for is a quick way to copy all the outer surfaces of an assembly, close it up and solidfy the inside where there would be air pockets.

When I use shrinkwrap selecting Merged Solid it just merges all the components together but if I use Faceted Solid it seems to solidify the inside but it won't give me the tight definition I need for an SLA.

For STL file I think you are better off adding an empty part to your assembly and merging the other parts into it. You may have to then add some protrusions to fill in voids.

Well, there is nothing I can add apart of envelope. There was a tool in
Pro\e 2001 to simply assembly. It works similar to shrinkwrap and it
was used for Simp Rep. The result was a part. But as I think it is not
what You are looking for
smiley2.gif

It does what I want with Faceted Solid except it comes out really jagged.

Our maintenance has been up for 2 weeks, the PO just wnet through so I can finally call PTC
smiley5.gif

Thank you very much muadib3d and Dr Gallup for the responses.

Regards

Brian

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back