Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

units conversion

Hi ramshanpad and welcome on the forum.

As I know You can check upthe basic properties of model with Model Analysis.

Just follow thesefew steps in this short Tutorial:

1) Create some simple modelin some units. For example, I used (FPS=Foot Pound Second)

View attachment 2029

2) From dashboard select Analysis/Model Analysis and than click on the COMPUTEbutton as you can see on the next figure. Model masswas computed. (By the way, you can see more results like Volume,Surface Area, Density, Center of gravity and so on...) But hese results are only in your units (As I wrote earlier I used,in my example FPS units)

View attachment 2030

3) Save your analysis and change the units of the model by this method> From dashborad select EDIT/SETUP/UNITS and insert (mmNs=milimeter Newton Second). Click SET... andselect"Convert dimensions (for example 1" becames 25.4mm)".Now is your model recalculated toother units.

View attachment 2031

4) Now repeat the ModelAnalysis and save your results. The properties of your model was recalculated in other units(From FPS to mmNs).

View attachment 2032

Good luck!
Edited by: Miko

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back