Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

uniting surfaces

bubblecake

Hello, I've been modeling a car for the past few days, and was just wondering if it is possible to unite two touching surfaces, without the lines in the middle. The reason I'm asking is because everytime two surfaces are created together, there are these anoying blue lines in the middle http://img38.imageshack.us/i/fotoqzc.jpg/. Is there any way to remove these blue lines?? Thank you.

Hi there,

The blue line shows the border between seperate surfaces. I see you made a few surfaces with the boundary-tool. Use the Knit-tool (from the Surfaces Toobar)in order tocombine the faces with eachother. The blue lines will dissapear.

Raoul

Thank you Raoul-RW. I have done that, but now the blue lines turned into black line. Is there anyway to remove these black lines?

Haha, yes this is also possible through View > Display > Tangent Edges Removed. This will give the same result as the Shaded Display Style. The only difference is the presence of the blue lines as the outer most edges. Keep in mind that this type of projection can make your model a bit unclear.Try View > Display > Tangent Edges as Phantom as an option to make the black lines less distracting.

Raoul

Edited by: Raoul-RW

thanks a lot for the tips Raoul-RW, that solved the problem. I owe you one
smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back