Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Unable to get session through UI

ssnivas

Hi,

I have written a J-Link program to regenerate the skeleton through UI. For this purpose i have created a JFrame and added buttons. When i click on the button, then the skeleton should regenerate.

But after clicking on the button the frame is not responding. I guess as i am not getting session object in actionPerformed method. Because the line

Logger.write("session in actionPerformed= "+session.GetCurrentDirectory));

is not displaying the logger message and not executing the next lines of code.

Please let me know the solution to the problem.

Thanks,

srinivas

Perhaps the problem is with the previous line of

Logger.write("session in actionPerformed= "+session.GetCurrentDirectory));

of ur code
smiley36.gif

All these unfinished threads...

i'm having same problem i guess, with JFrame and it's JButtons. Everything responds well to the ButtonListener, but the moment i use a JLink method, the JFrame freezes and does not finish. (example, Model mdl = session.getCurrentModel()).

has it something to do with the focus being on the JFrame and thus not giving the handle to ProE ?

The JFrame was not a good choice it seemed. The UI must in a Dialog state (thus using JDialog (with JFrame in it if desired)) If it is in state Window, then multiple threads are connected to ProE and things get frozen.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back