Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Tutorial for Design Animation WF2

gavf2003

Does anyone have a tutorial on how to use Design Animation WF2 to fly through an assembly?

Any help would be appreciated.

Gavin

I am only starting with animation myself, but I would first look into the "View at time" dialog and play with that.

Oh, yeah... PTC has published a design animation tutorial... it is fairly good. Not much handholding, but a fair amount of info. Definitely an attempt (of questionable success) to migrate away from PTC-ese.

Animation is fairly easy - as every thing after first sight

first what You need to do is to prepare explodes views if You need any in your anymation and simplified Reps

you need them if you want for example show the assembly process - so You should make the simp rep for each assembly step

prepare also special orientation for the camera - just make it as simple orientation in assembly if you make animation for assembly

so if you already have this all - orientations, exploded views, simp reps - than You make steps in animation and configure them filling with all this mentioned things

if You want anything that is moving make conection between parts(also in assembly) and than You can configure servo motors to move them

try it, it is easier than it looks

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back