Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Turn Off Blue Mouse Over Lines

dcp2387

Does anyone know how to get these blue mouse overselection outlines not to show? It's extremly annoying when trying to look at a small detail and have those lines show up.

Add this to your config.pro and you can toggle the prehighlight

mapkey $F1 @MAPKEY_LABELToggle Pre-Highlighting - F1;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `Edit`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `Edit.cbSelect`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `Edit.cbSelect`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `Edit.cbSelect`;~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `Edit.cbSelect`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `psh_sel_filter`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `selprefs` `PrehButton` ;~ Activate `selprefs` `Ok`;

I wouldnt turn off preselection highlighting cause you will want it other times. Usually I just toggle my selection filter to annotation if I want to zoom way in and not have anything pre-highlight for me.

I took Volunteer's suggestion and created two map keys, one to turn it on and one to turn it off. For future readers;inVolunteer's above post you should only need the first line and thelast two lines:

mapkey $F1 @MAPKEY_LABELToggle Pre-Highlighting - F1;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `psh_sel_filter`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `selprefs` `PrehButton` ;~ Activate `selprefs` `Ok`;

Or you can do as I did and use the mapkey box from the tools menu, create a new mapkey, and check or uncheck the Prehighlight box from the Edit\Preferences menu.

when showing off an assembly to managers ... I suggest setting your smart setting to annotation so there are unwanted part highlight doesn't occur.

I think instead of playing around with mapkeys or color schemes. I would go for just a one click smart settings, and choose annotation for this kind of work.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back