Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Trouble importing IGES files

fredmila

Hello,

I have trouble importing some files in IGES that were exported from Solidworks. Is there any chance that somebody could try and import one of them to see if the file is corrupted? I only have one licence-1 PC.

The problem is I do not know if the forum lets me upload a file or put an internet link here but I will try

Thanks

This is where the file can be downloaded ( check the site for security if you have Mcafee or similar)

https://www.sendthisfile.com/YyjrQHDI1F84ldQ7f42fmyBw

Hi,

The files opened fine for me on both WF5 and 2. You just have to change open file type from Pro E to all files. I'm guessing you have already tried that so if you dont come right I can save it as a ProE file andsend it backto you. What version of Wildfire are you running?

I have to confess I cheated a bit, my software is I_DEAS, not Pro-E but it is difficult to still find many users of I-DEAS out there, so I came to the Pro-E forum.

Also, I noticed that on the parts that I imported without a problem the tolerance was 0.01mm whereas the parts that failed had a tolerance of 1mm so I wonder if the older versions of I-DEAS cannot build parts accurately with such large tolerance.

I will go back to the person who created the files, if there is still a problem I will come back for help here.

Thanks for testing importing the parts.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back