Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Transparency in animation

Zestje

Hello,

I'm trying to set up an animation of a device with a display window with decoration (IMD). It has a 80% transparent visible area and 100% opaque black around it with some white text. Almost exactly the same as mobile phone display windows.

Now I want the part to go entirely transparent until it disappears and then a few seconds later have it go from invisible to it's normal state. when I try this in animation in WF2 with 'transparency at time' it always messes up the part by making it completely opaque instead of returning to opaque decoration with a (80%) transparent inner area. Playing around with the switch to have the transparency dependant/independant of the part's surfaces propierties doesn't solve the problem. Also weird is that having this kind of transparency setting actually changes the colour of the component in the assembly. To get the original state back I must delete the component colour in the assembly.

I'm wondering if it possible at all in ProE to have parts with partial transparency go into full transparency and back to it's original state?

To me the animation application looks like in beta stage at most as it's full of bugs and weird user-unfriendly menus and 'features'.

The holy art of workarounds would suggest to make two parts for the opaque and transparant bits instead of relying on partial transparancy.

Alex

This is exactly what I did, but this method sucks because the result is not the same. It only works for me in this specific case because I change the transparency in the front view. From any other angle you would see that there are two parts because there are surfaces visible where they meet.

Instead of the holy art of workarounds it would be nice if the PTC team would implement complete functions for a change....
smiley7.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back