Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Transition between views trouble

justgeo-2

Hello all-<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I've set up an animation and at the end I want to rotate the part 360deg. I have 4 views set up, each at 90deg, and a second and a half between the views in my time line. The animation runs fine right up to the point of changing between these five views (1, 2, 3, 4, 1). Instead of the smooth rotation Pro decides to zoom in, zoom out, pan up, pan down, ect.It's smooth but the object doesn't stay centered.

I created the four views by selecting a point in the center of my object as the spin center and then dynamically rotating about the vertical axis. When I cycle through the views with the Saved View List everything looks great, no bobbing at all. As soon as I create the animation it looks like a basketball, bouncing everywhere.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any hints as to how to fix it so I have a flat rotation?

Thanks everyone,

Justin

I face the same problem before..

instead of using animation, I choose to use mechanism at last..

I put my part into asm, set up a joint for the rotation axis..

in the mechanism, I create a servo motor and run a animation by driven by servo motor..

:)

I didn't think of that work-around. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks proengineertips.

I wonder why some view transitions are smooth and others have problems?

The smoothness between views is dependent from method which you have used for saved views. If you have created views by "Dynamic Orient" than will transitions not so smooth but when you define all views with "Orient by reference" or "Preferences" than will be the transitions better..Anyway, very important is total timing of whole animation.
Edited by: Miko

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back