Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Trail Files Location

wrbird

All,

I have WF4 and I've added a config option to place the trail files in their own directory. However they are not being created there, but being created in the startup directory. I open the options box in ProE and see that the option is listed but the status circle is grayed out. I've done this exact same thing in WF2 and it works perfectly.

Does anyone have any ideas why it's not working in WF4?

Wayne

Are you loading more than one configuration file? Light grey dot means the option is being overriden. In the options dialog box select current session to see what is being loaded.

Hello kdem,

As expected, loadpoint .sup and .pro and startup .pro files are being loaded. The only place where the option is set for trail file location is in my startup .pro file. So I don't know how this option is getting overriden. Any ideas?

Wayne

Did you select Current Session in the drop down list? It should tell you the source of the option. But from the behavior it appears the option is also set in the config.sup file.
Edited by: kdem

Hello kdem,

Thanks so much for your help! you were absolutely right, there was a setting in my .sup file for this option. I have it working correctly now!

Wayne

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back