Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Tools Setup Window

marker4x4

Hi guys, small question here:

does anyone know how to default ProNC to sort Tools by the Tool Position (1st column)?
I know I can click on the header, but my Carpal doesn't likes clicking too much....

Anyway, any input will be appreciated.

Edited by: marker4x4

Marker,

Can't be done. There was a lot of discussion about this when WF3 came out. Initially, it would always sort by the order in which the tools were created (instead of the old method of TOOL_ID), which didn't make a lot of sense. That got changed back to pre-WF3 functionality, but I learned through that experience that you couldn't default sort order or column width, etc.

Regards

peterbrown77 said:
Marker,

Can't be done. There was a lot of discussion about this when WF3 came out. Initially, it would always sort by the order in which the tools were created (instead of the old method of TOOL_ID), which didn't make a lot of sense. That got changed back to pre-WF3 functionality, but I learned through that experience that you couldn't default sort order or column width, etc.

Regards

Thanks Peter, I thought so, but I asked anyway
smiley1.gif

In WF3 or Wf2 you can use the Process Manager to create a tool table which can be sorted any which way you want. Then output a printable version or save the table to a cvs file which can then be opened using Excel.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back