Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Tool Library?

bjk2

Sirs, When using the lathe functions of Pro/manufacturing, I only see one turning tool type available.Is there a path to set to access a tool library? I particularlyneed a threading tool.

Thanks,

Ben

Does anyone here use the turning function of Pro/Man? Can anyone even tell me if they see other lathe tool types, not just milling tools? I want to be sure my setup is configured properly.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben,

I don't do a lot of turning. There is a download-able tooling library on the PTC website, in the "Order or Download a Software Update". Lots of drills, holders, etc. Not too certain about what is available for turning, but it's worth a look.

Additionally, you may have a better response from the manuf discussion group at ptcuser.org.

Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll pursue that, and if I find out anything, I'll post results.

Thanks again,

Ben

PeterBrown77,

I can't find that anywhere. Could you please provide a link to the download? Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

BJK2,

Attached zip file contains 3 files.

thread_tool_wf3.xml = wf3 version of parameter thread tool

thread_tool.tpm = parameter tool prior to wf3

basic_thread_tool.prt = proe solid model of a thread tool.

Use this model as an exampleto develop your own tools. Thereare not a lot of solid lathe tools out there.

BJK2,

Oops forgot to add the file. Here it is.

Attached zip file contains 3 files.

thread_tool_wf3.xml = wf3 version of parameter thread tool

thread_tool.tpm = parameter tool prior to wf3

basic_thread_tool.prt = proe solid model of a thread tool.

Use this model as an exampleto develop your own tools. Thereare not a lot of solid lathe tools out there.2008-04-08_122027_lathe-thread-tools.zip

Gentlemen: Thank you. Your kindness is exceeded only by your generousity. I still have alot to play with. Thanks again for thr support.

Ben

hello, hello,

this is an old thread, but is that .zip file still around somewhere? because it's no longer available from that url.

Greetings,

Arno

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back