Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Tolerance display question

jlbs

Is there a way to show a 4 place tolerance in the tolerance block on the bottom of the model window? Currently it shows the standard 1,2, 3 and angular tolerance.

it sounds like you need to modify your drawing to have this and that can be simple text additions. as for tolerance display in the part dimensions that depends on the number of places you indicate in the dimension properties. it is also possible to set the tolerance values in the config

If I understand correctly he is talking about addinga line in the tolerance block at the bottom of the model window that shows when you have display tolerance set. I've been able to get the tolerances to change but not add a line for x.xxxx.

kdem,
your right on the money with what you were thinking, showing and changing the tolerances in this block is not a problem, I just can't seem to figure out if or how you can add a line for x.xxxx. My gut tells me that it could be done, but it just is not one of those things that is done often

I see what you're trying to do but I can say with almost 90% certainty that this is not possible.With toolkit you may be able to accomplish this. As you know you can change the values of each tolerance and you can even change the number of decimal places shown in each case.

Notice the third tolerancehas four decimal places.

2009-06-08_181256_tol.JPG

From PTC:
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

The description in the config.pro Preferences dialog box for the option "linear_tol" is as follows:
An alternate format for setting default linear tolerance dimensions. First value sets the number of decimal places. Second value is the actual tolerance. For Example, 6 0.000025 sets tolerance to six decimal places. The default tolerance is .000025

There is no mention on how to show more decimal places than those provided. There is a third column available to set this.

set the config.pro option "linear_tol"
"Linear_tol" to 1 .030 3
"Linear_tol" to 2 .015 3
"Linear_tol" to 3 .005 3
</PRE>

The first number specifies the number of decimal places. The second number is the desired values for the tolerance and the third number is the number of desired decimal places to be displayed.</BLOCKQUOTE>

If you use new linear_tol settings you must restart Pro/E and you must use a new orempty template. I believe your previous templates will store the old settings. In other words, linear_tol settings will only work on new files going forward.
Edited by: jason_

I did find a workaround that you can try out. You can create a note with X.XXXX &linear_tol_0_0000 and set it Flat to Screen. In WF2 & 3 if youzoom in and out the note will change locations and may not stay in the graphics area. You can select the note,RMB, and move to place the note back in the graphics area. In WF4 you can create an annotation note that is Flat to Screen that will stay where you place it while zooming in and out. You can have more than one tolerance value in the note. To change it select the annotation and place your cursor over the value you want to change, RMB, and value.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back