Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Tolerance Analysis Extension

Hi

You can try on the tristar.com, they frequently offer webinars about different topics about pro-e. In dec they offer a webinar about the tolerance extension. This could be help you.

Bye

I've tested it and it's pretty much useless. It can only do 1D calculations in a very simpified form. You can do these calculations faster and easier by hand.

Why they even dare to ask money for it in this stage of development (I heard it cost about $1000 ?) doesn't make sense to me. It looks more like a public alfa version or something like that.

The lite version of the tolerance analysis package is pretty limited, so Zestje might be right there...

However, the extension is a different story from what I have seen. I haven't used it personally. The company that PTC is working with also created CE/TOL, and that software does an excellent job. www.sigmetrix.com

Guess I should have looked before I leaped... The extension does only do 1D analysis from what I can tell.

The information I had been given a while back was that there was going to be a lite version included with Wildfire that would do 1D, and that the extension would do 2D and maybe 3D analysis.

Guess PTC ran into some problems with that plan....

If you need to do heavy duty tolerance analysis, take a look at CE/TOL.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back