Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

The option... has not been acquired.

WheelsCAD

If anyone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

When I try to open Modules such as Mechanism or Animation I get an error stating: "The option Mechanism_Design has not been acquired."

We have two floating licenses on a central server. One license is only for Pro/E Foundation and so doesn't support these modules. The second license is for Pro/E Foundation Advantage Value Pack and does include these modules. I am currently the only user of any licenses.

I have noticed that if my PC crashes with Pro/E running and I reboot the server still thinks the license is in use and tells me "Licensed number of users already reached". But there is a second license and it even lists it and says it is free.

Perhaps I am not getting access to the second license, which is the one with the extra modules. Does anyone know why this might be? Or if there could be another problem?

Any help appreciated.

Crashing...yes the license server still thinks your machine has the licenses. There are ways to disconect this, I'm not sure of the syntax but search ptc tech support and you will find it.

The other problem sounds like a install configuration problem. When you installed Pro did you configure the start up options so that it pulls the floating options automatically?

You need to rerun ptcsetup and configure it to start the second license with the extra modules first.

Thank you both.

Dr_gallup, do I need to rerun that on the server? I'll give it a try anyway.
Edited by: WheelsCAD

Dr_gallup, I ran ptcsetup, but didnt' see anywhere I could select to run the second license first.

Both licenses are in the one license file on the server. It lists them in the order I described. Can I simply edit that file so that the order is reversed? Or is that embedded in the code I got from Pro/E?

Actually, I think it is the line that starts with:

ENV=PROE_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_Foundation (XXXXX)

You are not getting your second license and optional modules added here. You can edit it manually but unless you know what it should be it is easier to use ptcsetup.

Run ptcsetup on your workstation (assuming a local install). When you get to the Optional Configuration Steps, check the Additional License Configurations box. The next screen will show a License Type as Pro/ENGINEER. Pick it and pick Modify.

This will take you to a new screen where you can pick which licenses to run and extensions and floating licenses to bind to them. When you pick on a license you can then move it up or down in the starting order.

Thanks Looslib and dr_gallup.

It was the line with Feature Name. I saw that when I tried looslib's suggestion and solved it by adding the Feature Name from the second license. I actually put it in before the Feature Name from the first license.

Strangely I didn't have the options you spoke of dr_gallup in the ptcsetup. Don't know why. Maybe because it's Wildfire 1?

Anyway, it's working now. Thank you all.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back