Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Textbook Isometric View

Jelston,

The best method I have found is the following....

In your assy/part start with the Reorient View icon. Once it opens the orientation panel (see below) choose theFRONT View from the SAVED VIEW menu and SET that view (this should set up one of the orthogonal views).Then choose Dynamic Orient from the 'TYPE' menu. In the 'Spin' menu you need to adjust the Hor. (H)& Vert. (V) parameters. (I always do this in 30 degree blocks and generally go for V (first) +30 and then H +30. Once you have developed a view you are happy with save it, with a new name, in theSAVED VIEW menu. You can now insert this true iso view into your drawing

Kev

View attachment 3789
Edited by: prohammy

Prohammy,

This is exactly what i tried but my "front line" should be horizontal and it's not.

EDIT:

Actually my front line should be VERTICAL.
Edited by: jelston

The "textboox" isometric view would be accoplished by FIRST rotating V by 45 deg and then H by 35.264 deg. Save that asnew view and you are all set.

I edited my config.pro file so that this is my default view.
smiley2.gif

Yes, "orientation" is the one you want. It should have an isometric already setup.

If not, there is an option for User_Default. This is the thing that utilizes "x-angle" and "y_angle".

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back