Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Teaching Materials for Pro E

WildOne_CNC

I've been a ProE user for about 8-9 years.

I was approached by some of my coworkers to teach a class at a local technical institute.

Is anybody familiar with any materials available for teaching Pro to others.

One thing is knowing how to use ProE, but it is quite another to tryteaching it.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Will

to the best of my knowledge, PTC makes available ALL of it's training material to regisered thrid level institutes. the last time I looked into it, Lary Fire from PTC was the guy to contact.

Actually just found the link.. http://www.ptc.com/for/education/university_program_faq.htm
Education Program

< =text/>

University Program - FAQ

What does PTC have to offer Colleges and Universities?
Why should our school teach with Pro/ENGINEER?
Who can join?
What is included?
What training classes and materials are included with the University Edition license?
How do I order?
Who do I contact at PTC? [/list]

What does PTC have to offer Colleges and Universities?
The PTC Education Initiative is a unique design and technology program engineered for students of all ages. The College and University component of this, University Edition, combines PTC's industry leading product development software, Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0, with courseware - enabling a unique and creative exploration of design, engineering and technology for university students. It enables students to master the number one product development solution in the world and prepares them to be tomorrow's innovators - with credentials required for success in today's skills-driven job market. This already successful program has been incorporated in most of the top 50 Engineering Schools, as ranked by US News and World Report.

Why should our school teach with Pro/ENGINEER?
The short answer is to better prepare your students for the future. Pro/ENGINEER experience on a student's resume will help get their foot in the door at companies like John Deere, Jaguar, Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems, Hasbro, U.S. Surgical, Ferrari, Motorola, and tens of thousands of others who use PTC software to design products. Colleges and Universities have a responsibility to teach technology that is widely used in industry - and PTC is the product development solution market leader around the world, with over 40,000 customers. PTC will work with your Institution to provide optimum training for your professor and equip your students with the necessary tools that will advance their career goals.

Who can join?
Any educational institution that is committed to teaching PTC solutions in a classroom to students as part of a defined curriculum.

What is included?
The University Edition license includes up to 500 seats of Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 as your university needs for classroom use - plus about 55 other applications, including analysis tools, sheet metal and behavioral modeling, just to name a few. You'll also receive free professor training and tutorials, technical support and software upgrades - all for an affordable annual membership fee.

If you are interested in speaking to someone about the program, please contact Larry Fire (contact information below).

What training classes and materials are included with the University Edition license?
PTC offers training for Professors at our training facilities and the classes are at NO cost. Professors are invited to attend any Pro/ENGINEER training class - introductory or advanced - for free, at any of PTC's Training Centers. A limited number of class seats are reserved for educators and if available, you may register up to 3 months in advance. Once these seats have been filled, Professors may register up to 14 days before the start date of the class, on a space-available basis.

Popular classes include Fast Track to Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0, Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 Update Training, Advanced Assembly Management with Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 and Advanced Design and Analysis with Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0, to name a few.

The first course you should take is Fast Track to Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 which is a 5-day class. Learn more about our course offerings, class schedules and available locations.

Once you have determined the class, location and date, please call our Training Department at 888-782-3773. Indicate that you are an Educator who wishes to sign up for free training. The Training Department will let you know about availability and additional information about the course.

To request access to Pro/ENGINEER training materials via ProjectLink, email Larry Fire. All the training documents can be downloaded from the site and may be copied for instructional use.

You can also get the Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 CADTRAIN Primer CD.

Free access to computer based training and proficiency evaluator is administered by our Director, Educational Sales - Larry Fire.

How do I order?
You should fill out the University Edition Agreement (pdf), the Product Schedule (pdf) and Educational License Agreement (pdf). The completed documents coupled with the purchase order should be faxed attention Larry Fire at 949-440-0923. The order will take 3-5 business days to process and 2 days to ship.

Who do I contact at PTC?
In North America, for installation and support issues, please contact 800-477-6435. For any other issues, please contact:Larry Fire
Director, Educational Sales
4675 MacArthur Court, Suite 600
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Office phone: 949 440 0900 extension 202
Fax: 949 440 0293
Mobile: 949 637 1097
E-Mail: [email protected]

If you are from outside North America, please contact on of the following education members:

Germany/Central Europe: Frank Boellert
Southern Europe: Kevin Dickey
Northern Europe: Mike Brown
Asia Pacific: Greg Sisk
Japan: Greg Sisk
China: Chaney Hu
India: Sajith Parambil [/list]

hope it helps!! it sure did for me! :)

James

We're using the software for our undergrad CAD courses. I start freshman year and have been using a McGraw-Hill text by David Kelley (Wildfire 3.0 Instructor). Use the instructor text for all of the students. It has some pretty good self-taught material for the basices.

I like to speak these courses in our PC labs but presently we have between 200 and 250 per year so it is very difficult to manage 8-10 labs with students working at different speeds. Now most of the teaching is done in classroom and then guidance and tips are offered in the lab while students work through Kelley's exercises for all of the basic features.

We finish with a final project that allows students to present a concept design for some new product.

jeff

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back