Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

tables

tiaj

Hi all,

So glad I found this forum! Hopefully it is active so I can get answers!
smiley2.gif

I have been using Pro/E for many years so know my way around fairly well. Some of my drawings have very lengthy tables (sometimes 40 lines of part numbers and info) and I HATE them. I have all sorts of macros to make it quicker, but wonder if there is any way to create the data in excel (or other db program) and import into drawing. I am using Pro/E 2001

thanks!

Build your table in Excel. Then... Insert / Object / From File / pick your Excel file.

You can double click and resize the table, edit values, and use all the formating tools of Excel. But this doesn't work with parameters as far as I know.

One word of caution, because the default background for ProE Drawings is black, black text doesn't show up very well.
smiley2.gif

<tg>

I can't believe I never knew this!
smiley3.gif
thanks! (good point about the text!)

OK, i did it successfully, but now have what I hope is not a stupid question...it is huge! I tried to resize, but then cannot adjust font height. I brought it into a 2:1 scale dwg.

never mind. for some reason the new size was not showing until i did a repaint. thanks again!!!!!
smiley32.gif

Highlight all data (click the top left corner-cell) and right-click. You can Format Cells and change the font (I'm on Excel 2000). The smallest font listed on mine is an 8-point but you can type in a smaller value. Here, you can apply borders also (remember the color thing).

You can also change row height and column width, just like in Excel. I'm not sure how to adjust the row/column label size (1234/ABCD).

<tg>

Color is a two bladed sword. Changing color to suit the visibility on screen is one thing...printing it is another! If you haven't discovered, you'll have to change the table back to how Excel origianally looks (black text, black gridlines, white background), otherwise you'll end up with a black table with white gridlines and no text! At least that's what I've found out upon printing.
smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back