Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

&sym() replaced by file path

TheJimmian

Hello, I have never posted here before but am looking for some help with our drawings. Often times we include symbols in our notes to call out materials, process spec, etc. What I see in a lot of our drawings are symbols that have been grouped to note objects. The reason is that often times, including &sym(symbole name) will work the first time you edit the note, however, after you go into the note to add more notes, change existing, edit the note in anyway, as soon as you "OK" out of it, the symbol is gone and has been replaced by &sym(<file path to originally input symbol name>). the fix is to keep deleting the file path info and basically retyping &sym(smybol name) and hope that you don't need to edit the note again. Am I doing something wrong? Also, this is not a universal problem, some drawings have no issues with the &sym() command and maintain the symbol no matter how many times you edit the note and the filepath is never displayed in the note text.

TLDR;

create notes in drawings, type&sym(symbol name) into the note, symbol shows up. Edit the note, symbol disappears and is replaced by &sym(<filepath to original symbol name>)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back