Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Swapping the models ?

saravanans_87

Hello all

Guys help needed !!

I have designed twodifferent parts with minimum difference between each other (Lets say a.prt & b.prt)

I have already created detail drawing for a.prt, then due to some contraints we have decided to go for b.prt.

Now is there a way to swap the model or ultimately i dont want to recreate the whole drawing as these drawings are having more than 100's of dimensions.

Any help.

Am using Creo 1.0.

We have a procedure we call "switcheroo." (Highly technical, I know.)
smiley2.gif

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">

Rebo... thanks ..

one thing i stuck is.. "
While the assembly is open, open part to be copied.<?:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>
Rename (under file pull-down) to the new name. Remember to fill out

Rename actually makes a copy of the part (or drawing.) <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

When you have an assembly up in front of you, and you open a part contained in that assembly. Open your drawing. Select rename and save. Go to your part. Select rename. Save everything.

The assembly now has a new part, and the drawing exists.

Follow the rest of the procedure to switch out theexisting"B" part into the new one and its drawing.

dross - Just try it before you doubt me. I don't think it is planned functionality. I am using Creo/WF 5.

It will only make a copy if you save after making a change. It does this whether you rename or not. Simply renaming does not make a copy.

<Sigh>

In previous posts. ("The instructions.")

Never mind - I was just trying to help the guy. I'll shut up now.

Guys.. sorry for the late reply..

I hope the solution for my issue does not existed.

Thanks for ur time.
(mean while i recreated the drawing.. sh*t !!)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back