Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Surface - detailing ??

saravanans_87

Guys..

I am trying to create drawing for some model which is having surface features (having curves along with variable diameter.. bit complicated !!!)

Rite.. when i try to pick the edge and mark the radius in the drawing, its not allowing me to..

Then only i realize i cant even measure the diameter of the curved surface using Analysis -> Diameter.

Any help would be much appreciated...

Thanks.

Check and make sure that the surface is perpendicular to the view. If it is skewed just a little (as alot of imported surface files are) it will not let you make the dimension. Attach a picture to make things more clear please. The true thing to do is to modify the imported part and make it solid before detailing.

Yeah.. i think u r rite.. the curves am trying to dimensions are not perpendicular to the view..

Sorry i am not allowed to attach a picture.. as its a confidential one..

Any way to dimension such angled curves???...

You will have to make a seperate view that is perp. for you to get the dimensions you want. The only other option is to manually make a note with arrow calling out the diameter/radius.

If the curves you are trying to dimension aren't true
circles or arcs in the view you are looking at, there is no
radius to dimension. If these aren't arcs or circles at
all, no matter how you view them, you can't create a radius
dim for them at all. This isn't a Pro/E limitation, it's a
geometry limitation.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back