Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Subroutine rotate problem.

DazE

Hi all,

I have to make prototype models before tooling up products as part of my job. I usually cam one up and when I am happy with it I use "Subroutines" to create multiple parts in one workpiece. I use the "Translate" feature mostly and this works fine, however if I decide to use the "Rotate" featureI run into problems.

When I play the toolpaths on screen and even when I run them in Vericut they look correct, butwhen I ouput my nc code I just get 2 parts machined one on top of the other. I did suspect my post but the three I use all output the same error.

Anybody got any ideas where I should be looking or is this just a bug? I am using Wildfire3 m110 with Prismatic Milling.

Thanks

Darren.

The error is the positoning of the parts. Instead of getting 2 separate machined areas I get 2 lots of machining in the same place. On this particular job I have "rotated" the machining 180 deg about thecsys to give me2 identical parts side by side. This looks good on screen and in Vericut however the nc program I create just produces 2 lots of machining in the same place. It is recognising that I have created a subroutine but not rotating the second lot of machining to its new position.

I suspect a post problem but so far have not found anything.

I can get the job done by using "translate" instead of "rotate" but I would like to get to the bottom of the reason that this does not work for me .

Thanks

Darren

Where is your Operation Machine coordinate located? It should be locatedas the center of the machine table. When using the subroutine in ProNC select the Machine Coordinate to rotate around.EX: A horizontal"B" axis table rotates around the Y.

Check the nc code again. If theg-code is still incorrectthe problem is with the post. Make sure it has been setup as a 4 axis machine and rotates around the correct axis.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back