Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Sub-Assembly BOM Balloons

lv00211

Does anybody know of a way to display a bracketed sub-assembly balloon while still showing the individual component balloons?I have an exploded drawing which shows a top level assembly with a couple of included subassemblies. I have an indented BOM Tbale on the print that shows the entire top level assembly with all subassemblies and their components indented. The repeat region is configured to place balloons on all components, including a subassembly balloon which displays attached to the first component in each subassembly (along with it's component balloon). We erase this balloon to remove it from the print. We would like to show thisballoon for the subassemblies but would like it to be attached to brackets (for lack of a better term) which "bracket", or even surround,all of the subassembly components within the larger assembly of the whole print. We can do this today by sketching and using text but would like Pto/E to do it parametrically. Any ideas? If this is hard to understand I can IM a JPEG showing what I am talking about. Thanks in advance....

hi,

in the main assembly repeat region set atttributes as "flat" and creat BOM balloon.

in the sub assembly repeat region choose custom baloon and show the BOM baloon. in these sub assemblies you can define a custom baloon( say sqare shape, pentagon or a triangle oreven as u say put bracket/paranthesis)and call them as u need.

u can have different shapes to differentiate b/w different sub assemblies.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back