Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

String functions in ProE relations?

jamestl

Like others in this forum, I'm having issues with ProE's inability to wrap text when that text comes from a parameter.

However, I figure that if there are string functions available for use in relations, I can use those to split a long parameter (my part title)into multiple parameters.

I know it's probably too much to hope for, but are there string functions in relations in ProE? I see no documentation for them, but that doesn't always mean they don't exist...

Thanks for the tip. Knowing now what to look for, I found the following useful string-related functions in the documentation:
<UL>
<LI>string_length([parameter name]) returns the lengthin charactersof the string contained by [parameter name]</LI>
<LI>itos([parameter name]) converts an integer value to a string. Nonintegers are rounded off. Zero values are returned as empty strings.</LI>
<LI>search([parameter name], [substring])returns the position of [substring] within the string contained by [parameter name]. Returns zero if not found.</LI>
<LI>extract([parameter name], [position], [length]) returnsa string of [length] characters fromthe string contained in [parameter name], starting at [position]. </LI>[/list]

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back