Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

.stp file import fail; G2 discontinuities

ZOMZ

I have downloaded a supplier model, in *.stp format. When I open it up, an error occurs with what looks like several holes that causes the whole model to be removed ("WARNING: IMPORT FEATURE removed entire model." "WARNING: Design intent is unclear.Use "Info/Geom Check" menu for details."). See below:

proewarningerror.png

I then go to Info>Geometry Checks and the troubleshooter comes up with the message "Original import surfaces have been split into highlighted pieces due to G2 discontinuities." See below:

proetroubleshooter.png

Original CAD system looks like Inventor 2008. I'm using Pro/E WF3.0 Not sure what other info is needed...

Any advice as to how to resolve these issues? I'm a fairly novice user, btw.

when opening a stp file, at least on WF5.0, there is a button called details.

you can click on that and try changing some of the import options and maybe you can get it to come in. Chances are that it won't be solid and you will have to do some repairs to the model.

I think the options/details dialog box is new for WF5.
Good to know; thanks for sharing!
Edited by: MGortner

daiosama said:
when opening a stp file, at least on WF5.0, there is a button called details.

you can click on that and try changing some of the import options and maybe you can get it to come in. Chances are that it won't be solid and you will have to do some repairs to the model.

I got it to come in. Did just that, opened it on WF5.0. Our administrator has a systemtestingWF5.0 on it since we are planning to upgrade here in a couple months. He was able to open it, then repair the model as you mentioned.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back