Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

stop arc fitting

eddie

<DIV>

Still using 2001. In a simple turning profile sequence the tool passes across an asphericcurve (created from an equation) then cuts a series of radii. How can I get the CL data to cut linear point-to-point on the curve and cut arcs on the radii? It does some kind of arc fitting on the curve that ends up being output as a series of circular interpolated moves. If I set the CIRC_INTERPOLATION parameter to anything other than ARC_ONLY it out outputs the radii as points (lots of them). Cutter comp is off. Accuracy is at the lower limit and the tolerance parameter is set to 1e-008.

Now I am making separate sequences and changing the CIRC_INTERPOLATION parameter then manually editing the three programs together. Too much chance for me to error. Tell me there is a simple solution. </DIV>

I have run into the same thing, but I found a way to do it so that you do not have to edit the tape file. Create your seperate sequences. On the second, third,... sequences, set your "free feed" parameter the same as your "cut feed". In the customize dialog box, delete the "auto plunge" command. If there is no "auto plunge" you may have to create a "goto point" at the beginning of the tool path for this sequence.

This works out only if the end point of the previous sequence and the start point of the current sequence is the same point. Proe will not output the same point twice when creating the "operation" CL data.

You do not need to create seperate sequences - go to CUSTOMIZE and split the cut. Once you split the cut you can change any individual paramater as needed.

<DIV>

sdjohnson, I split the cut and tried to change the parameters for the new follow cut created. The CIRC_INTERPOLATION parameter is not available. I had tried a similar approach earlier by just creating multiple cuts in the same sequence. I had the same end result, the CIRC_INTERPOLATION parameter disappears. Apparently that parameter is is configurable for the sequence but not by the cut. Perhaps I am missing something.

Allan, thanks for the idea. That will help a little. For me, your method would require me to create another file because I post separate programs for a couple different tools (I post the sequence instead of the operation). Does anyone know of a way to post more than one sequence without posting the entire operation?

Thanks for the help guys,</DIV>

Sometimes if you stumble around long enough you trip over the prize. Allan your thoughts led me down the path. I got to thinking after I asked that last question. I discovered "Output>Select Set" to output CL data for a number of sequences without doing the whole operation. Now that is a solution I can live with. Thanks!
smiley32.gif

eddie said:
<DIV>

sdjohnson, I split the cut and tried to change the parameters for the new follow cut created. The CIRC_INTERPOLATION parameter is not available. I had tried a similar approach earlier by just creating multiple cuts in the same sequence. I had the same end result, the CIRC_INTERPOLATION parameter disappears. Apparently that parameter is is configurable for the sequence but not by the cut. Perhaps I am missing something.

Allan, thanks for the idea. That will help a little. For me, your method would require me to create another file because I post separate programs for a couple different tools (I post the sequence instead of the operation). Does anyone know of a way to post more than one sequence without posting the entire operation?

Thanks for the help guys,</DIV>
I see what you mean about CIRC_INTERPOLATION not showing up. I'm pretty sure that the reason I can change it is I set it as a paramater in my process instead of the settings page. Try using CIRC_INTERPOLATION = NO as a paramater and see if that works.

Under CL data, Output, use "Select Set" - create or modify as needed... This allows you to group sequences but not as an operation.

eddie said:
Sometimes if you stumble around long enough you trip over the prize. Allan your thoughts led me down the path. I got to thinking after I asked that last question. I discovered "Output>Select Set" to output CL data for a number of sequences without doing the whole operation. Now that is a solution I can live with. Thanks!
smiley32.gif
LOL - I had strted to reply and got side tracted... Glad you found the "select set" option.

To post more than one sequence in a file without posting the whole operation is to post a set. To do this select, CL Data, Output, Select Set, Create. Give it a name, (defaults to "set01"). Now you can checkmark the operation, or any number of sequences that you want.

To EDIT the set, select CL Data, Output, Select Set, Modify, and select the set. Now you modify the name or the content.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back