Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Spring Animation

dtsmith

Hey everyone,

I know this isnt a new problem, but I thought I would try asking anyway. Does anybody know how to animate a spring in Wildfire 3.0?? I know the ptc website has a spring which is animated in their suspension demo, but howd they do it? I am aware of the "make flexible" option, but I THINK, (and I am half guessing because I'm not really familiar with it), it doesnt actually show the spring in animation. I am also aware of the using family tables and making a spring with many different lengths, but I just figure theres got to be a better way. Any suggestions?

I believe that the animation you saw is done by Mechanism dynamic module. The spring displayed is not the actual spring but just a representative.

Wildfire3.0 enhance the flexible spring function in mechanism. According to PTC, the flexible spring can update during the regeneration in Mechanism.

I saw a demo of an animated spring, the guy modeled the spring in quarter revolutions and animatedeach revolution to get the spring to look animated.

proengineertips said:
Wildfire3.0 enhance the flexible spring function in mechanism. According to PTC, the flexible spring can update during the regeneration in Mechanism.

Hi Moroso,

The mechanism above refer to Mechanism Design Extension which come with Foundation Adv Package. Mechanism Design Extension is use for static kinematic analysis and Mechanism Dynamic Option is for dynamic kinematic analysis which will take in the calculation of spring force, gravity etc.

In WF3, Mechanism Design Extension should be able to run an animation for a flexible spring.

bTW, do u have the spring animation url?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back