Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

split table cells & delete corner cells

ronfya

Hello all,

I have a title block to make according to my company standards but it's like a table with a corner cell missing. Is there a way to delete a corner cell ? It seems impossible to blank table peripheral lines also.

Furthermore, is it possible to split cells ? Or should I only use the merge function in order to achieve my complicated title block ?

Thanks

You can unmerge cells if they've been merged previously, but I've never seen a way to split a cell that wasn't previously merged. I'd love to hear about it if anyone knows of a way to do this.

You could use a seperate one "cell" table ora seperate tablefor the bottom row of your title block. this can be placed with offset to the margine.

Its difficult to make complex title blocks in Pro/E you will encounter issues in editing, formating etc. Try to breakup you title block to function areas.

Hope this helps

The best way to tackle title block tables is to create enough rows and columns to accommodate the smallest cells and then merge or erase lines to make bigger cells. The only way to erase the lines around the outside of the table is to add another row (or column), erase the line that was an outer line but has become an inner line because you added the row (or column), and then delete the row (or column).

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back