Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

specs issue or installation glitch ?

i have a intel core 2 duo E 4600 @ 2.4ghz with 1.5 gb of ram on a 32 bit operating system. my gui is Nvidia 9400 gt.

I installed pro e and patched it easily but while working on it when i take my mouse over any plane or surface, its edges get highlighted and then it takes a few seconds for the highlighted edges of the plane to get unhighlighted if i remove my pointer away from that particular surface

Secondly whenever i start pro e a " trail.txt " file is automatically created on my desktop and if i doulble click it pro e opens once again with a blank interface

help plz asap

First of all, Pro/E is a memory hog and you are going to have issues with only 1.5GB of RAM. You didn't list video memory, so I am not sure about that one.

Second, when you installed Pro/E, did you set the Desktop as your startup directory during the installation process? You can change the directory where trail files get written to in your config.pro file.

video memory is 1 gb and ive set my working directory in a separate folder in another drive other than the windows one but still it keeps on opening trail.txt files on the desktop.

The trail file is a record of all your mouse clicks and actions during a particular session. you can set the config option trail_dir to put them in a different place.

Pro/E doesn't really care about your video card's memory, more isn't better with CAD like it is for games. You mentioned it was an Nvidia card, but you didn't say if you had a Quadro or GeForce. GeForce cards are great for gaming, not so good for CAD. You really want a Quadro card. I suspect that you have a gamer card instead of a CAD card.

You will want more system memory, though.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back