Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Sparepart parameter in modeltree

geertdaenen

Dear all,

I want to create a "spare part" parameter (SP) for each model in an assembly, which can be used in a BOM-list on the drawing of this assembly.
Thescreenshot below will explain a bit more what I want to do:

View attachment 5542

As you can see, I want to have the parameter "SP" for each part standard be unchecked, but for certain parts the "SP" parameters have to be checked. But as you can see, some parts (e.g. MNP-001321 and 2011134-1032) are checked in certain sub-assemblys and unchecked in other sub-assy's. So this parameter "SP" has to be a parameter which is "assembly dependent".
Offcoarse, the parameter doesn't really need to be checked and unchecked, it also can be a "YES/NO" parameter.

I also have tried to put the models which have to be a sparepart, on a layer. But I cannot get this "layer" into a BOM-list.

Is there anybody who can help me???

I believe this functionality is in Windchill with the associated WTparts. Sounds like you are trying to accomplish an ERP function within Creo AKA Pro/E.

Maybe try using Simplified Reps.

My two cents: Do not put the BOM on the drawing, but use an ERP or Windchill separate BOM.

Thanks for your answer Mertsy,

well the problem is that we don't have Windchill and I don't think that we will by this in the next years.
So, the only solution I have, is just to work with ProE (WF3), and try to find a simple solution here.
Does anybody know if I can make a relation into my BOM-list, such as:

IF member(asm_mbr_name, Layer_ID)
parameter_x = true
ENDIF

Does anybody havea simpleidea???

Thanks

You may be able to assemble the spare parts as an included part instead of a normally inserted part. Assuming that spare parts don't have hard constraint requirements.

Then you may be able to build a relation off the fact that it is an included part. Haven't thought much past that but that would give you the seperation to at least analyze it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back