Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Sorting columns in a 2d region

libertine

Hi All !

I've been using this forum for quite a while and (I think) this is the first time I've had to post a question. Here goes.....

I've got an assembly drawing that I want to detail as a 'table' drawing. I've done this by using a 2d region to import the assembly family table. The family table is made up of parameters (rather than dimensions) which are driven by relations in the assembly (e.g parameter 'DIA' looks up the flange diameter (session ID:2)and is driven by DIA=flange_dia:2). This allows me to have short, simple headings for the table drawing but still retain dimension names that have some relevance to the individual part.

All worked fine and I was chuffed that Iworked out how to filter outunwanted columns
smiley17.gif

What I can't figure out, though,is how to sort the tablecolumns into the correct order. They are imported in alphabetical order but I need to re-arrange a few of them and it is driving me crazy.

I've tried using the table>region>sort command but this only seems to re-arrange the whole table (e.g A>Z or Z>A). I want to use something arrangedlike....

PART NO, NB, A, B, C, D............

I've dug around on here for a few hours but no-one seems to have an answer.Pro-E help filesdon't seem to have an answer either. Any help ??

Hi Libertine

Arrange you family table in the order you want to see the columns. Then set your 2d table with no sort order. The table will display looking like your family table order.

Jeff Toff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for reply.

I'd already sorted my assembly family table before I started on the 2D region. When I created the region it 'imported' the family table in alphabetical order.

I've cracked it by setting the sort mode to 'No default' whilst constructing the 2d region.
smiley32.gif
The default value must be A>Z.

Happy days !!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back