Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Slow dimension drag

gamauf

Hello,
Didn't see this on the board in a search, so here goes:

Wildfire 3, Drawing mode - moving dimensions around, they drag slowly.
At maybe 1/2 to 1/3 the speed they should be.

I recall at a previous job, this was the case as well after moving to Wildfire.
There was a fix, I just have a clue what it might be. I doubt it related to
video card, etc. as I said - at a tricked out machine - this also happened.

Any ideas?

It happens all over as far as dimension dragging, but is just a shade worse in drawing mode.

I am guessing its a setting of some sort. Past experience suggests it.

Or it appears more so because of the detail scrutiny affording it there, since you'd be doing this repeatedly in drawing mode.

Its possible because am not running on an approved OpenGL card at the moment, rather on a Core2Duo in dual boot mode with an OpenGL compliant card, runing OpenGl 2.0, but not top end. (dual boot - which works quite nicely in every other respect I've tested so far, by th way. Have not found another potential downside).

Blaming deviations from approved card is the usual default cop out explanation. I ain't buying that.

(A rant on the side: I've found that some DBA's in particular, have a set list of excuses to avoid addressing issues or potentially unique situations, this is usually one).

I remember seeing this phenomenon on a tricked out machine with all the approved bells & whistles & a high end approved card. So it stands to reason its likely true this time too.

The DBA got it solved that previous time, but I have no access to said person these days.
Edited by: gamauf

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back