Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Sketcher Palette in drawing mode

Paul C.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get access to the sketcher palette when working in drawing mode? My pupils have to construct ortho drawings independantly (i.e. use Pro|E as a conventional drafting tool) and standard shapes etc. would make this task much easier.

I dont think that you can insert the profiles. However, if you export the profiles as a dxf (open the sketches and export) the import the dxf into a drawing, you can create a symbol from that dxf, create the symbol and use the copy from drawing command.

Paddy

Paul C. said:
Does anyone know if it is possible to get access to the sketcher palette when working in drawing mode? My pupils have to construct ortho drawings independantly (i.e. use Pro|E as a conventional drafting tool) and standard shapes etc. would make this task much easier.

What a waste of time. I can't think of a worse CAD tool for that kind of stuff. They would be better of on a drafting board.

Cheers mcgowanp. Nice get-a-round but a bit complex for the kids(14-16yrs).

dr_gallup - I tend to agree with you but we have to use what we have got - and the pupils have already spent a considerable amount of time familiarising themselves with PRO|E

Personally - I always construct the 3D models and use them togenerate drawings but the exam board want to see ortho and iso construction skills in a CAD package?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back