Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Simulating Lifting?

soccer8888

I have a very large model with 4 'lugs' for lifting with chains. How is the best way to simulate this? Its not symmetric by any means, but I need to know how much it will flex when hanging, as well as finding the stress on the unit. Right now I have the holes through the lugs constrained in the vertical direction, with all other options free. As for the two horizontal contraints, I'm not sure what to do, as these will move when the unit flexes.

Here is a snapshot of what I have now. You can see the 4 lugs at the stress concentrations.

View attachment 1489

Its available in ptc documentation as well as on CADDIGEST tutorials.

If you still can't find it let me know and I will send you to you private email address.

Israr

Select an element (vertex, edge,or small surface) at the left end of the structure and constrain it in theX and Z directions. Pick a similar element at the right end of the structure and constrain it in the X direction only. The selected elements could be two of your lifting lug holes, or not.

Andy

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back