Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

simple optimization analysis setting

zmarcoz

Dear all,

I have a bar which is fixed at one end. I use PATTERN to make many holes on the bar because I want to reduce weight. When I need to set the variable, I select the radius in the original hole "d20" . My question is that whether ProE will optizmate the weight by charging the size of all holes? Or it will just change 1 hole?

Image file and part file are attached 2011-11-10_222913_Files.zip

Thanks

If you used a pattern to make a series of holes, Pro/E will change all the holes - all geometry affected by whatever dimension you have Pro vary for any analysis study will change. Since one dimension drives the diameter of all the holes in your pattern, all of them will change.

Optimising the weight for lightness would obviously mean that the hole sizes were increased until they wiped out the beam, i.e. a mass of zero. What you really want to do is optimse the beam for hole size against mass versus stiffness / strength. There will be an optimum value for stiffness and lightness.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back