Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Shrinkage fit

Linda L

I have a problem that I hope that someone here can help me whit. How shall I draw when I will draw a shrinkage fit? I

If you don't want to analyse the shrinkage fit, you may design the two parts as one. Or you make both parts the same diameter, and mechanica will connect them on the whole mating surface.

If you want to have a close look onto the shrinkage fit, I can't help you any further.

Linda,

You can build your part as intended and then add a shrinkage factor feature. You can then see what the new size would be based on the expected shrinkage of the material you plan to use. The material should list a value like 0.06-0.08%, for instance, for some plastics.

You can also set your dimensions to show your part at the nominal and min or max value based on your tolerance setup. This will then increase or decrease your part to its tolerance values.

Perhaps these alternatives are what you are seeking?

cheers,

Mag

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back